Welcome to Applied Physics
The Apply Physics and Advanced Technologies group is engaged in the development of novel optics devices based on phase optics, image processing, optical fibers and integrated optics. We looking to apply some of these novel devices in the industry. Applications are mainly related to sensing (curvature, temperature, refractive index, salinity, and pressure, for instance) and telecomm (tunable lasers, photonic switches, modulators) and to Detect (Texture, colors, forms, defects, etc.). Fiber devices are developed using mainly specialty fibers and integrated devices are fabricated using different platforms such as Silicon on Insulator (SOI), polymers, and InP. The Apply Physics and Advanced Technologies is located at the Engineering College of the University of Guanajuato, located in Salamanca, Guanajuato. At this moment (January 2019), the 6 group members are: Dr. Jorge Ojeda-Castańeda (SNI 3), Dr. Miguel Torres-Cisneros (SNI 2), Dra. Cristina M. Gómez-Sarabia (SNI 1), Dr. Rafael Guzmán-Cabrera (SNI 1), Dr. Iván Hernandez-Romano (SNI 1), Natanael Cuando-Espitia (SNI 1) and several doctoral-master-bachelor students.
- • January 2019, Rafael Guzmán-Sepúlveda wins the Student of the year 2018 at CREOL. Congratulations!
- • Nov. 2018, Dr. Natanael Cuando receives a CONACyT Position to spent ten years at our group. Welcome!
- • May. 2018, A technological proposal involving Dr. Miguel Torres-Cisneros as a participant has been accepted by SICES Guanajuato (FINNOVATEG).
- • May. 2018, We welcome Dr. Miguel Fuentes Fuentes who joins our group as a postdoctoral student.
- • March. 2018, A basic science proposal of Dr. Miguel Torres-Cisneros has been accepted by University of Guanajuato.
- • March. 2018, A basic science proposal of Dr. Iván Hernández-Romano has been accepted by University of Guanajuato. Congratulations!
- • Jan. 2018, We welcome Sigifredo Marrujo García who joins us as a doctoral student. Congratulations!
- • Dec. 2017, A basic science proposal of Dr. Miguel Torres-Cisneros has been accepted by CONACyT.
- • Nov. 2015, Dr. Iván Hernández-Romano receives a CONACyT Position to spent ten years at our group. Welcome!