Welcome to FIOlab
The FIO Lab is engaged in the development of novel photonic devices based on optical fibers and integrated optics. Applications are mainly related to sensing (curvature, temperature, refractive index, salinity, and pressure, for instance) and telecomm (tunable lasers, photonic switches, modulators). Fiber devices are developed using mainly specialty fibers and integrated devices are fabricated using different platforms such as Silicon on Insulator (SOI), polymers, and InP. The FIO Lab is located at the Unidad Aguascalientes, Centro de Investigaciones en Optica, A.C.
Dr. Daniel A. May-Arrioja is currently a full time Researcher at CIO Unidad Aguascalientes.
- • April 2020, Press:“Desarrollan mexicanos microchip para detectar coronavirus”, Crónica.
- • March 2020, Press:“CICY desarrolla dispositivo para detectar coronavirus en 30 minutos”, Reporteros hoy.
- • March 2020, Press:“Mexicanos desarrollan prueba para detectar casos de COVID-19”, Investigación y Desarrollo.
- • Feb. 2020, Our work “Ultra-high sensitivity temperature sensor using a fiber loop mirror based on a water-filled asymmetric two-hole fiber” was published in IEEE Sensors Journal (DOI: 10.1109/JSEN.2020.2974889).
- • Sep. 2019, Congratulations to Dr. Miguel Fuentes and Dr. Jesus Acevedo on extending their postdoctoral scholarship for 1 more year.
- • Ene. 2019, We welcome M.Sc. Deborah Guadalupe Martínez Camacho who joins the FIO Lab as a PhD student.
- • Sep. 2018, We welcome Dr. Miguel Angel Fuentes Fuentes who joins the FIO Lab as a postdoctoral student.
- • Aug. 2018, We welcome Dr. Jesus Acevedo Mijangos who joins the FIO Lab as a postdoctoral student.
- • Sept. 2014, Miguel A. Cruz-García, Deborah G. Martínez-Camacho, and Karina González-Gutiérrez will make a research visit for two months at the UPNA Pamplona, Spain.
- • June 2014, Rafael Guzmán-Cabrera wins the 5th place, graduate category, on the Sustainable Water challenge from the ICA Foundation. Congratulations!!.
- • Oct. 2012, We welcome Dr. Daniel López-Cortes who joins the FIO Lab as a postdoctoral student.
- • Oct. 2012, M.Sc. Daniel López-Cortes successfully defends his final Ph.D. examination. Congratulations!!
- • Oct. 2012, R. Guzmán-Cabrera et. al., Digital Image Processing Technique for Breast Cancer Detection, Int J Thermophys.
- • Oct. 2012, Dr. Víctor I. Ruíz-Pérez receives a postdoctoral scholarship from CONACyT to spent one year at the FIO Lab.
- • Aug. 2012, Mr. Miguel Fuentes-Fuentes graduates with a M.Sc. in Optics from INAOE.
- • March 2012, M.Sc. José E. Antonio-López successfully defends his final Ph.D. examination. Congratulations!!.
- • March 2012, M.Sc. Arturo Alberto Castillo-Guzmán successfully defends his final Ph.D. examination. Congratulations!!.